Best Test for Macular Degeneration

When You Need Eye Exam for Macular Degeneration. Randall Wong, M.D., Retina specialist, Fairfax, Virginia.The best test for macular degeneration (ARMD) is a fluorescein angiogram (FA).  The fluorescein angiogram involves the injection of a dye (not iodine based) called fluorescein.  As the fluorescein dye travels through your retina, pictures are taken which may help your doctor diagnose macular degeneration.

Who Performs a Fluorescein Angiogram?

In most instances, a retinal specialist performs an FA.  It is a diagnostic test used mainly for the diag (Read more...)

Full Story →